We know that managing one’s finances is a must, but where do we start. I have my own savings, but again, where do I place it so that I get the best return on my investment.
Due to insistent public demand, we are bringing back the Ready to Be Rich: Investing for Beginners workshop.
Investing for Beginners is an innovative investment seminar that includes hands-on and interactive activities that will help you understand the different types of investments that are available in the market. It includes a discussion on time deposits, bonds, UITF’s, mutual funds, the stock market and even real estate.
After the workshop, you will go home with a personalized investment portfolio design, and a concrete, practical work plan on how to manage it to reach your financial goals.
Here are some questions that you’ll be able to answer after the workshop:
1. What’s the difference between an asset and an investment?
2. What are things I need to do before I can become an investor?
3. What is the biggest mistake that people commit when investing?
4. How do bonds, stocks, UITF, mutual funds and other financial instruments work?
5. How do you make money from paper assets?
6. How do I build, diversify and manage my own investment portfolio?
7. How can investments help me buy my dream house?
8. Where should I invest to secure the educational needs of my child?
9. How much money do I exactly need to retire?
Fitz Gerard Villafuerte, RFP is a civil engineer who decided to quit the corporate world in 2003 to pursue entrepreneurship. In 2014, he became a registered financial planner.
His blog, entitled, Ready To Be Rich, has already received several recognitions including the Best Business and Finance Blog at the Philippine Blog Awards for two years in a row. Moreover, an international finance publication, Wise Bread, has likewise ranked his website as among the Top 100 Personal Finance blogs in the world. Fitz has also been recognized by Moneysense Magazine as among the top 12 most influential people in Personal Finance in the Philippines.
Date: Saturday, August 2, 2014
Time: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Venue: Slate Creative Studios, Mandaluyong MM
To sign up, please fill out this form: