If we only had to look out for ourselves in this world, then managing our money would be easy, but the truth is we don’t. We all live in a household – some with their parents, some with their own families and other live with both. With our limited resources and endless needs, it is important that families learn to work together in order to ensure a bright and secure financial future. It takes a certain amount of planning and a lot of cooperation from the rest of the family. So where do we start?
Sign up for Ready to Be Rich: Family Finances and learn how manage and balance your family’s budget today!
This workshop is for:
• Couples who are finding it hard to budget their income to sustain the needs of their family.
• Breadwinners who are taking care of their parents, or involved in elder care at home.
• Single parents who are finding it hard to achieve work-life balance.
• Newlyweds who would like to know how to become financially independent from their parents.
• People who have relatives who depend on them financially.
Expect to get practical advice and real-life exercises that will teach you exactly how to achieve financial security for your family. After the workshop, you are expected to go home with a list of action items for your household and a concrete work plan that you can immediately apply.
Here are some questions that you’ll be able to answer after the workshop:
1. How can I save money if my income is just enough to support my family?
2. How do I teach my child to be financially smart?
3. How should I handle family members and relatives who constantly borrow money?
4. How do I manage my finances so it can support the medical expenses of my aging parents?
5. How can I invest if I’m too busy working and taking care of my children?
6. How do I secure the educational needs of my child?
7. How can I afford my dream house?
8. How should I prepare for retirement, so I won’t be dependent on my children when I grow old?
Fitz Gerard Villafuerte, RFP is a civil engineer who decided to quit the corporate world in 2003 to pursue entrepreneurship. In 2014, he became a registered financial planner.
His blog, entitled, Ready To Be Rich, has already received several recognitions including the Best Business and Finance Blog at the Philippine Blog Awards for two years in a row. Moreover, an international finance publication, Wise Bread, has likewise ranked his website as among the Top 100 Personal Finance blogs in the world. Fitz has also been recognized by Moneysense Magazine as among the top 12 most influential people in Personal Finance in the Philippines.
Date: Saturday, September 20, 2014
Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Venue: 10F Fort Legend Tower, 3rd Avenue and 31st Street, Bonifacio Global City Taguig
*Please bring a calculator