- Animation Jam 2017
May 16, 2017
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
16 May 2017, UPDATE
It is with great sadness and regret that we announce the cancellation of Animation Jam 2017: Bootcamp + Competition. Due to unforeseen circumstances the event will no longer be taking place this year. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your support.
As you have all noticed, especially with the recent Saving Sally entry at the Metro Manila Film Festival, we have really talented animators and storytellers in the Philippines. To become a successful animator or storyteller or a creative entrepreneur in the Philippines, there are a lot of skills that need to be developed and honed. One of Team Manila Workshops goal is to help the creative entrepreneur and the aspiring animator develop other skills that they need to be a successful professional or creative entrepreneur.
Last year, we created a very successful event called Animation Jam. And this year, we have made it even better and bigger!
Animation Jam 2017 will be both a learning bootcamp and a competition!
What is Animation Jam?
The objective of Animation Jam is to gather, involve and encourage people, especially those in the creative industry, to come together and create original Filipino animation shorts. Animation Jam will be the medium for spreading the #LovePinoyAnimation campaign.
This year, Animation Jam will be a three month long event. The highlights of the event will be a 3-half day boot camp and competition to find the best Animation shorts in the country.
We will have 3-half day events where the participants will learn more about the following topics:
June 10 – Formulating Concepts and Ideas (1:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
Speaker: Joie Sales
June 17 – Creating a Storyboard (1:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
Speaker: Ria Lu
June 24 – Understanding the Market & Basics of Project Management (1:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
Speaker: Joie Cruz
Who can join?
- Creative Directors
- Freelance Graphic Artists and Illustrators
- Sales and Marketing People
- Anyone with a good story to tell!
All announcements will be made in AnimationJam.xyz. We will have a limit for the number of tickets that we will be selling.
- Storytellers – max of 40 people
- 2D illustrators and animators – max of 40 people
- 3D illustrators and animators – max of 40 people
- Experimental / Stop motion animators – max of 40 people
- Marketers and Sellers – max of 40 people
You may go with friends to the event but you need not have a team when you apply.
The team will need to be comprised of at least. The organizers will be the one to pick the teams for you.
2 Storytellers aside from the pitcher
4 Illustrators /animators
2 Marketing / business people
We will have the film showing and judging of the all animation shorts. Artwork will be judged using the following criteria:
Uniqueness/originality – 20%
Professional quality (neatness and craft) – 30%
Aesthetic quality (design, composition, color/tones) 30%
Selection and application of materials – 10%
Complexity/level of digital technology used – 10%
- Entries must be at least 30 seconds and not more than 5 minutes (We will disqualify your entry if you exceed 5 minutes)
- You can create a shorter version of the content (not more than 1 minute) since we might have a special award for this
- The story must be in line with the given theme. The theme is “Global Goals”.
- All final entries should be uploaded to the Manila Workshops Youtube channel on July 28, 2017 at 12:00 noon so entries should be submitted before the cut off to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com via DropBox, Google Drive, yousendit, etc.
- The panel of judges reserves the right to disqualify any project due to poor quality, incompleteness, poor taste, inappropriateness of content, or concerns regarding copyright infringement in the original work. The judges’ decision is final and irrevocable.
- The mandatory logos that should be placed as End Credits/CBB will be sent to your email addresses. (logos of: ManilaWorkshops and other sponsors; final logos to be announced come July)
- The copy #LovePinoyAnimation should be placed at the end of the video
- A cash prize of Php 20,000 will be given to the winning team. Other special prizes will be given out from our sponsors.
Venue: Pen Brothers