Event Phone: 09369673831
- October 7, 2017
1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
✔ An Aspiring Entrepreneur with a great business idea, but need help ESTIMATING THE COSTS of starting a business AND FORECASTING YOUR REVENUES?
✔ A Solopreneur struggling with SETTING UP THE RIGHT PRICING and FINANCIAL BUSINESS MODEL for your new business?
✔A Small Business Leader deciding whether to BOOTSTRAP your STARTUP or EXPLORE FINANCING OPTIONS instead? Wait, do you even know the difference?
If you’ve checked one or all of the above, then perhaps it’s time to learn the basics of FINANCIAL MODELING & FORECASTING . And you’re in luck as this workshop will teach you exactly just that.
Manila Workshops invites Financial Modeling expert – Ben Alderson, to help you build a financial model for your business, and give you the confidence and basic skill set to launch and grow a profitable and sustainable business. Read on! 🙂
This workshop has been designed to help the aspiring entrepreneurs of tomorrow and the hard-working solopreneurs and small business leaders of today use basic financial modelling to understand and gain control of your business. Designed for BEGINNERS, you will understand and practice the following principles:
- What is FINANCIAL MODELING – An overview and why you need it for your business
- Understand the difference between FIXED and VARIABLE COSTS- Identify and add up all the costs of your business.
- Know the importance of PRICING – Learn how to set the right price for your products or services.
- Generating a REALISTIC SALES FORECAST– understand what factors will boost or limit your sales and learn how to generate a feasible sales forecast.
- Build a FINANCIAL MODEL – learn how to easily combine your costs, sales forecast, price and revenues in to a simple financial modelling tool (you will be provided with a Microsoft Excel Financial Model template developed exclusively by Ben for workshop attendees, and you will learn how to use this tool over the course of the workshop)
- Determine your STARTING CAPITAL – understand the importance of working capital and how much money you will need up front to launch and support your business until it is sustainable.
- Plan your FINANCING – understand the difference between bootstrapping your business VS raising finance, and the financing options available to you.
WHAT WON’T BE COVERED: Just to be REALLY CLEAR, this workshop will NOT cover:
- Advanced Financial Modelling (but we are developing a course that will – so watch this space!)
- Your Business Operations (how you design and deliver your product to customers) or Sales and Marketing strategy
- Corporate Finance or Financial Accounting – it will not help you prepare formal financial accounts or tax submissions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Aspiring entrepreneurs, or current entrepreneurs and small business leaders who don’t know how, and don’t have the tools to model their business’s costs, revenues and profitability.
- Summary of hints & tips after each section
- Easy-to-use Excel workbook which you will build throughout the workshop and which you can continue to use as you build or grow your business
- Suggestions for further learning resources, including accelerator programs, podcasts and books.
MEET YOUR TRAINER:
Ben Alderson – The “Business Geek” / Financial Modelling Expert
Ben was born and raised in the UK and lived and worked in London until he moved to Asia at the age of 28. His career began in Engineering before he moved in to Management Consultancy and then moved again in to Strategy roles in the Hotel industry, which complemented his love of travel and international experiences.
Ben is a self-confessed numbers nerd and all-round business geek. But it wasn’t until he moved to Asia that he fully understood the huge role that entrepreneurs and social businesses can play in helping to develop economies and communities in the developing world. So now he wants to use his geekiness for good and pass on his financial modelling skills to as many budding entrepreneurs as possible! Here’s a message from Ben…
I have 9 years of experience in modeling costs, revenues and returns on investment (ROI) whilst working as a management consultant in Europe and also in corporate strategy for IHG, one of the world’s largest hotel companies. I have spent countless hours identifying, consolidating and planning out the costs and financial projections for small and large businesses and capital projects.
The bad news is that to a lot of people running their own business, this kind of financial planning isn’t much fun, and you might not even know where to begin! But you cannot get away from the fact that it is an essential part of starting and sustaining any business. What are your costs? How much money will you make from product sales? How much money do you need to get started and when is the money going to run out…?! These are all very important questions that will make or break your business!
The GOOD NEWS is that modeling your business finances definitely doesn’t need to be as hard as you think, because I have come up with a really easy approach to help you get started. And I would love to share it with you! In fact, I don’t just want to share it with you, I want to actually help you build your first financial business model – using Microsoft Excel – during this 4.5 hour workshop. I’m really looking forward to seeing you there!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING:
Any Valid ID
A laptop computer with Microsoft Excel installed
The financial model Microsoft Excel template file we will send to you before the course
Any work you have already done to identify your costs and revenues, or any models you have already developed. Don’t worry if you haven’t got any of this, you can start fresh in the workshop!
2/F Radiate Room, The Globe Tower, 32nd Street corner 7th Avenue, BGC, Taguig City, 1634
Venue: Globe Tower