- Web Development for Business Owners
September 9, 2017 - September 16, 2017
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs are visionaries. But sometimes, it’s difficult to translate that vision into words that web developers and designers can understand.
You try to communicate your ideas but you get different results every time. You’re wasting precious time and resources when you need to revise your project again and again. It’s frustrating! Not just for you but for the developers as well.
Know the feeling? Then this workshop is for you.
Tech4NonTech is a 2-part series:
- Web Development for Business Owners (Sept. 9): A non-technical person’s intro to the world of web development and web design.
- Engaging with Developers for Web Projects (Sept. 16): A non-technical person’s guide to working best with developers
The first part will equip participants with a basic knowledge of Web Development and Web Design so they understand the different pieces they need to assemble their vision.
The second part will equip participants with a basic knowledge of Software Project methodologies so they can work well with the developers who will be executing their vision.
This workshop series is for non-technical business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs, and aspiring start-up owners who wish to better communicate their vision and design idea to web designers and developers.
On both workshops, there will be a panel Q & A session with speakers EJ Arboleda and Jay Fajardo.
Web Development for Business Owners
- Internet vs Web
- Internet Traffic
- Who does what
- Front-End Development
- What it is
- What is a web app?
- JS vs NodeJS
- JS vs Node
- Back-End Development
- Database, DBMS, SQL, noSQL
- Relational Databases
- Library vs Framework
- Course work:
- Create your own web server
- Experience Back-End Development
- Experience Front-End Development
- INTRO TO WEB DESIGN
- Definition of Terms
- Different steps in Web Design (High-Level)
- Concept of a Prototype
Engaging with Developers for Web Projects
- Different Types of Websites
- Brochure: Static vs Dynamic
- Membership Site
- E-commerce Site
- Bespoke Web App
- Templates: CMS’s and Platforms
- Project Methodologies
- Types of Contracts (PROs and CONs)
- Time & Material
- Mitigation: Finding the agreement that works for you
- Scope Management
- Properly assigning work
- Test Driven Development
- Suggested Tools
- Getting the most bang for your buck: The Javelin Board
- Turn ideas into experiments
- How to test in a resource-efficient, learning-centered way
- Detailed explanation of the Javelin Board
- Developers are People too
- What to look for
About EJ Arboleda
EJ is the CEO of Taxumo, a tech startup that helps freelancers, professionals, and entrepreneurs with their taxes.
He was formerly the Chief Technology Officer of Wunderman Manila – a digital advertising agency under the WPP group.
He is a certified Project Management Professional, ITIL v3 Service Manager, and a SAP R/3 FI Consultant.
He has been freelancing since 2010 as a web developer, project manager, and consultant.
3 Unique Things about EJ:
1. He runs a fintech startup (Taxumo), chosen as one of the Top 100 Startups in SEA by E27 and part of Ideaspace’s Top 10 from their 2016 Cohort.
2. He appeared in a movie: One True Love, co-starring Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera (before they became an official couple). He was a blurred nurse in the background.
3. He can move his scalp at will.
About Jay Fajardo
Jay has been a serial tech entrepreneur since the mid-80’s when he sold his first computer program at the age of 15. He has founded many tech startups over the years and was the founder and CEO of Wi-Fi Hotspot Network Airborne Access in 2002, which was acquired by PLDT and SMART in 2008.
As a regular speaker at local and international forums on the South East Asian startup ecosystem, and holding roles as director, advisor, and mentor in various tech startups, Jay is considered to be one of the pioneers and thought leaders of the Philippine tech startup scene.
About Launch Garage
Garage Academy reformats the entrepreneur’s brain with the knowledge they’ll need to succeed in today’s innovation society. Garage Academy is powered by LaunchGarage Innovation Hub.
See you there!
- Web Development for Business Owners: Sept. 9, 2017, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Engaging with Developers for Web Projects: Sept. 16, 2017, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Venue: LaunchGarage, Circulo Verde, Calle Industria, Quezon City
For sponsorships, please contact email@example.com.